The SNAPI website is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our users while providing the highest quality of service possible.
We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and any other regulations currently in force).
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to safeguard and secure your personal information.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is not secure and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
We collect the following information:
- when you contact us through registration and enquiry forms, we collect the details you provide to us (typically this includes personal details such as name, postal address and email address);
- when you visit this website we collect information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, including IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of pages viewed. The information obtained in this way is only used in aggregate form, and cannot be used to identify you.
A cookie is a text file that is stored on your computer's hard drive. A cookie helps us analyse web traffic and lets us know when you visit a particular webpage. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, though there are options to prevent this.
We use a cookie when you access the SNAPI website to track patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site and to understand browsing patterns.
Use of personal information
We process personal information for the purposes of:
- administering the website;
- providing the best possible service;
- aiding strategic development and auditing usage of the site;
- sending you communications (relating to our business), by post or email (you can inform us at any time if you no longer wish to receive communications by emailing us at email@example.com);
- dealing with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
We will not pass your personal information to any third party without your express consent. (In practice, you will usually agree in advance to our use of your data for such purposes).
You may request from us details of any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information is currently free of charge.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for the purpose of receiving communications from us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org You may also instruct us not to process your personal information for contact by a third party. (In practice, you will usually agree in advance to our use of your data for such purposes).
Third party websites
The SNAPI website provides links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies, security and related practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information we hold about you requires updating or correcting.
If you have any queries about our privacy statement, requests concerning your personal information, you would prefer not to hear from us or you would like more information about our work please write to Dr. John Gill, Chief Scientist, RNIB Scientific Research Unit, 105 Judd Street, London WC1H 9NE or by email at email@example.com.